In yet another horrific gangrape incident and a grim reminder of the Nirbhaya case, a 14-year-old girl was subjected to extreme barbarism which has left her with around 20 stitches in her private parts and both her legs heavily damaged. The class 10 victim who hails from Lakhisarai district in Bihar was allegedly gangraped by 6 minors, one of whom was her schoolmate when she was on her way to attend nature’s call on Friday morning.

The victim who is in extreme pain said to TOI, “Someone grabbed me from behind, gagged and blindfolded me and dragged me to a nearby field. There were six-seven people; I recognized two of them as our neighbors.” The victim fell unconscious after the attack and was found later on railway tracks near Kiul Junction on Saturday.

According to a DNA report, the victim was first raped by two minors Santosh Yadav and Mrityunjay Yadav. Later she was raped by six other men. The victim was then taken to a train where they raped her again and damaged her private parts.

representational image (source)

I could hear them speaking that they should kill me and they threw me out of the train. When I gained consciousness, I was in a hospital,” DNA quoted the victim as saying.

She was found after 12 hours of search when some people brought her to the platform from the tracks.Her woes didn’t end there. She was first taken to the local hospital where she received 24 stitches in her private parts to stop bleeding. Later, she was referred to Patna Medical College and Hospital where she was left unattended on the floor for 14 hours.Her brother alleged that guards had asked for money for a bed. Her brother told that the local police had initially tried to suppress the matter by referring the matter as a love affair and only after the pressure was created by the media and the administration the police swung into action.


Till now, one of the accused has been arrested and search is underway for the others. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar has acknowledged the case and has asked officials to conduct a massive search operation to catch all the accused at the earliest.

The extent of the barbarism in the case is beyond imagination and leaves us again with the same question, “When will this stop?” And the irresponsible behavior on part of the PMCH employees who left the victim unattended on the ground for 14 hours is just shocking.Strict action should be taken against both the PMCH employees and the police officials who tried to suppress the case.



Share your opinion