The Gurgaon Police has arrested all the three accused in the Gurgaon Gangrape and murder case.The SIT(Special Investigation Team) working on the case arrested Jaikesh the third accused from his hideout on Wednesday, one day after they had arrested Yogendra and Amit the other two accused.

“The teams of SIT arrested Jaikesh from his hideout on the instance of his associates, Yogendra and Amit, from Gurgaon. A massive manhunt was launched last night,” PTI quotes ACP Manish Sehgal, PRO of the Gurgaon Police as saying.

Gurgaon Police Commissioner Sandeep Khirwar said that the trio had come to Gurgaon from Bulandshahr in western Uttar Pradesh in search of a job.They were working as drivers and stayed on rent in Bas Khusla village just behind the Sarpanch’s office.


The horrific incident had taken place on 29th May when the 19 years old woman along with her 8 months old baby girl left for her in-law’s house after having a fight with her neighbors.
The woman then took a lift from a truck driver who was drunk and started molesting her, to which she objected strongly and asked him to drop her off.

The trio had then offered the victim a lift on NH-8 near the toll plaza in Kherki Daula. Police said Jaykesh, the driver used a leased Magic van, not a shared auto to kidnap the woman, as thought earlier. Since it was late in the night and no public transport was available she agreed for the lift.But after some time the driver took a U-turn and drove back to Manesar village where the trio gang-raped her and killed her baby.

According to TOI reports, the police said that the baby had died of asphyxiation. She choked because one or the other of the three men continuously had his hands on her mouth to stop her from crying. Before they drove away in the van, they also threw the baby, which was already dead on the concrete road divider.

After the incident, the trio fled to Bulandshahr where they originally belong.Since there was no action from Police in next one week after filing the complaint by the woman, they sensed a feeling of ease and returned to their accommodation.

Once the police started their investigation Yogender and Amit panicked and confessed their crime before Sarpanch Ajit Chauhan on Wednesday following which the police arrested them. The police also told that the survivor had heard them discussing that the Sarpanch was known to them and would save them.

The whole incident and the delay by the police in taking action against the rapists is just sad and clearly reflects the condition of women safety in the country.

(Source: TOI/PTI)

Share your opinion