A family from Kolkata was taken aback when they saw something that was not supposed to be present in their food. On Tuesday morning, Priyanka Moitra, a resident of Kolkata along with her daughter went to the McDonald’s outlet near EM ByPass.

The duo ordered a french fries but while eating they were shocked when they saw a dead deep fried lizard present in it. Priyanka who is pregnant became sick when she discovered the lizard. Worried about her future baby and her daughter she escalated the incident to the outlet manager.”When I told the outlet manager about the incident, he showed a careless attitude and left with just a sorry,” Priyanka told to TOI.

source : TOI

Priyanka then took a picture of the deep fried lizard and lodged an FIR at the Phulbagan police station against the McDonald’s outlet.

Sanjay Moitra, Priyanka’s husband who is currently based out of Lucknow, told, “I’m shocked! I’m concerned about my family’s health. My wife is pregnant. How can McDonald’s be so careless? As soon as I heard about the incident, I contacted Delhi and Kolkata’s McDonald’s office, but they didn’t bother. There’s been no apology, they just want us to send it to them for analysis.”

According to a report by TOI , Ei Samay reached out to McDonald’s Kolkata area manager Rohit Kumar about the incident who said he is not the authorised person to answer.

source

Raja Mani, a McDonald’s official from Delhi, said, “A customer allegedly found a foreign body in their food. We take all reports of this nature very seriously and investigate them thoroughly.”

This kind of behaviour from a reknown world class food chain is completely unacceptable , Priyanka did the right thing by lodging an FIR and has set the right example for every consumer who is aware of his/her rights .

 

Share your opinion