These days several cases of medical negligence have surfaced that have gradually led to death of patient. But an FIR has been currently filed against Mumbai’s Nair hospital accusing authority of an attendant’s death.

The FIR has been registered under Section 304A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). 32-year-old Rajesh Maru was allegedly sucked into the MRI machine as he was holding an Oxygen cylinder and helping his relative get a scan. The mishap injured him gravely causing his death. As no metallic object is allowed inside scan room, a ward boy was stated guilty and was fired.

Source

Maru was there to help his Brother-in-law, Harish Solanki’s sick mother. Here is what Harish says to ANI. “He went there to visit my ailing mother but we did not know he would meet such a fate. We all are in shock. A ward boy told him to carry an oxygen cylinder with him to MRI room which is prohibited. It all happened because of the carelessness of hospital’s doctors and administration. No security guard was either present to tell him that he should not carry oxygen cylinder with him to MRI room,” he added.

Solanki further said the MRI machine was functioning when Maru was called in. “As he entered the room the MRI machine sucked him in due to the magnetic force as he had oxygen cylinder with him. He died within 2 minutes. No hospital authority has approached us accepting their mistake,” he stated.

Maru’s body has been sent for the postmortem in JJ Hospital. The sad incidence took place at 8:30 am, Saturday. Rajesh’s family protested against hospital and the accident attracted much of media attention. Three people have been suspended in the case now.

“Dr Siddhant Shah who was the doctor on duty at the time of the incident, ward boy Vitthal Chavan and another hospital help Sunita Surve have been suspended till the preliminary inquiry is done,” announced Deputy Municipal Commissioner Ramesh Bamble. Whatsoever, we doubt whether we can look up to hospitals as life savers anymore after all this.

Share your opinion