In yet another horrific case of gang rape, a 23 years old MBA student was gang-raped in Mysuru by 6 unidentified persons when she was returning from a forested area with a male friend on Tuesday night on a bike. The man who was with her was also thrashed by the criminals using a boulder after he opposed the criminals. The survivor was said to be in a critical condition a day after the crime and is now reportedly out of danger but is yet to give her statement to the police.

The incident took place while the duo was returning from the foothills of the famous Chamundi Hills, a popular tourist spot. The gang rape survivor is said to have come to Mysuru for studies from a state in Northern India.

Spot of the crime | Source

The horrific details
According to reports, the incident had taken place on Tuesday night at about 8 pm, when the duo who were on bike were returning back from the Chamundi hills area. After seeing a clear spot they decided to take a break when the gang of six youths in an inebriated state stopped the survivor and her friend. The men started passing inappropriate comments, teasing them, and started recording the student on their mobile phones, the NewsMinute reported.

When her friend objected to this, the men started getting violent and started sexually assaulting the girl. When the male friend started aggressively opposing the sexual assault one of the criminals reportedly took a stone and hit him on his head, rendering him unconscious. Later they took turns to gangrape the survivor for around 2 hours and continued recording the heinous crime. The survivor was also threatened about not reporting the crime to cops else the video would be leaked.

Representational image

The male friend regained consciousness at around 1 am after which the two went to a hospital for treatment and told the authorities that they were attacked. They did not reveal what actually happened fearing the release of the video. But later the male friend told the police about the rape. A case has been registered at the Alanahalli police station and efforts are being made to nab the accused, a police officer said to the media.

Representational image

“They are both students. At around 7.30 pm yesterday, they went to the forest region near the helipad. Some people who were following them have done this. At around 1.30 am, they got admitted to a hospital. In the morning, a memo was received from the hospital. An FIR has been registered. Further inquiries are on. I have directed the police to take it very seriously. No arrests have been made until now. We have sent an ADGP to Mysuru,” State Home Minister Araga Jnanendra was quoted in the report.

The cops have recovered liquor bottles and are now trying to track the shop from which it was purchased using the barcodes. No arrests have been reported till now.

NCW has taken cognizance of the matter and people over Karnataka and the country are protesting against the horrific Mysuru gang rape case and are demanding the arrest of the criminals who are still at large.
While nothing can undo the trauma of the survivors we hope the accused are nabbed at the earliest and Mysuru Police takes proactive action of increasing security at such secluded places to prevent such horrific crimes.

Share your opinion